You can disable the RAT check with this:
-Drat.skip -l

Here is the command line I use.  It includes the optional projects and
skips tests.  Profile "enable-it" runs integrations tests, if they weren't
skipped.

mvn clean install  -P geoindexing -P benchmark -P enable-it -DskipTests
-Drat.skip -l ../rya$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M).log
david.