Correction: You can disable the RAT check with this:
-Drat.skip

You do not need a Mongo server unless you enable it in the configuration.
If you do need it, it's a bug.  Although there is no way to separate the
automated MongoDB unit tests from Accumulo, but tests create their own
testing/mock server.

You configure Accumulo parameters via the Rya configuration.  That can be
done either by building up a config object, or using an XML config file.
There are examples of both in various places.  Look at the examples project
and the web project.  Ask again if you are not seeing it.

You can also choose to use the web API or call the Rya API (OpenRDF AKA
Sesame AKA rdf4j) directly.

david.