Hi all,
There have been some new featuresand critical bug fixes added to master since
0.13.0 release, which makes SamzaStandalone features more stable. It is now
good enough to warrant a new minorrelease. We will continue to test for
stability and performance in the next fewweeks.
Here are the main JIRA tickets that will be included in this release (but
notlimited to):SAMZA-1165: Cleanup datacreated by ZkStandalone in ZKSAMZA-1324:
Add ametricsreporter lifecycle for JobCoordinator component of
StreamProcessorSAMZA-1336: Standalone sessionexpiration propagationSAMZA-1337:
LocalApplicationRunner needs to support StreamTaskSAMZA-1339: Add
standaloneintegration tests…
There are also quite a few bug fixes in 0.13.1, please check the complete list
of changes in 0.13.1 here.
Most JIRAs in the list havebeen completed and merged, with the following one
remaining, but we should tryto get it completed before 0.13.1 is
released.SAMZA-1385: Coordinationutils in LocalApplicationRunner uses same Zk
node as ZkJobCoordinatorFactoryfor leader election
Here's what I propose:1. Cut an 0.13.1 release branch.2. Work on getting the
remaining open JIRA done.3. Target a release vote by Aug 18.
Thoughts?
Fred