Hi Leonard,

On Monday, 2007-12-10 00:19:55 +0200, Leonard Mada wrote:

> Aloow the user to specify, what should be interpreted as a date (and how).
>
> E.g., IF the user specifies that dates are only strings of the form:
> dd.mm.yy or dd.mm.yyyy, then only such strings would be converted to dates

Would be a possibility. A list of acceptable input formats, predefined
in locale data and customizable by the user.

> (also note the *dd.mm* which is different from the American *mm.dd*
> format!).

Which isn't American, but mm/dd is en_US.

> Then only such string would be converted to dates, and NOT *xx.xx*, which
> would most probably be a number and NOT a date.

Depends on the locale.

> Just my thoughts. [This
> should be settable either at OOo level, or at document level.]

Document level wouldn't be good, as documents are sent around to users
used to different locales.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 SunSign   0x87F8D412 : 2F58 5236 DB02 F335 8304  7D6C 65C9 F9B5 87F8 D412