Hi Leonard,

On Tuesday, 2009-08-25 15:45:42 +0200, Leonard Mada wrote:

> I would therefore stick with the one sample definition,
> and adapt only the text to correspond to what actually
> the function computes.
>
> "The p-value is the probability, under the null hypothesis,
>  of observing a value as extreme or more extreme of the
>  z-statistic"

Probably too long, taking localizations into account.

> or shortened:
>
> "calculates the probability of observing a value as extreme
>  or more extreme of the z-statistic"
>
> and (possibly) correcting for the wrong implementation:
>
> "calculates the probability of observing a value as large
>  or larger for the z-statistic"

Not being a native speaker the difference isn't clear to me.

To have this changed we need a decision real soon now. So far then I'd
go for

"calculates the probability of observing a value as large
 or larger for the z-statistic"

Any objections? Adding that to i90759 to have it documented.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 SunSign   0x87F8D412 : 2F58 5236 DB02 F335 8304  7D6C 65C9 F9B5 87F8 D412