On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com> wrote:
> Am 22.09.2014 um 15:47 schrieb Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>:
>>... 2. Property Interpolation - Ability to substitute property values via
>> system property, env variables [1]
>
> I think in this case we explicitly don’t want this: Also, this is not the
> same as the case for
> 12factor configuration: This is basically just a packing list to create a
> quick start...

I disagree - IMO we need a new launcher that's devops-friendly, and
this means taking environment variables into account for some config
parameters.

Use case:
-Start Mongo in a Docker container
-Start a few Sling instances that need to talk to that Mongo server,
each in their own Docker container.

The Mongo IP address and port is only known (via Docker links) once
the Sling instances start, so the config of the OSGi components that
need mongo is something like ENV:{mongodb.url} which is interpreted at
runtime.

Whether this belongs in the launcher or in a ConfigAdmin extension I
don't know, but we need the feature.

-Bertrand