Bertrand Delacretaz wrote
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 9:39 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote
>>> ...As described in the original post here - having a stable launchpad
>>> that's always ready to release, while also continuously testing the
>>> integration of the latest snapshots.
>>>
>> So if the integration tests always test the latest snapshots then there
>> is nothing we have do to, right?...
>
> We need to test the launchpad that we release, don't we?

Yeah, sorry that I'm a little bit picky here. All I'm trying that we get
a description of the full picture.

We want to test the *same* integration tests against the current
launchpad (which has no snapshot deps) and against the same launchpad
but replacing all sling deps to the latest snapshot versions.
And that might lead us into the situation you describe below.

> Depending on the combination of bundles that release might have
> different behavior than combining the latest snapshots, although maybe
> it's not that likely.

Right, I would argue that it is not very likely.

> As a first step we might manually run the integration tests against
> the launchpad that's about to be released, that's better than nothing
> but some tests will fail and we need a manual analysis of that - which
> is not impossible if the goal is to release say every 3 months.

Instead of coming up with a gigantic approach that will not be used or
only once every two years, I think lets deal with it once we're there.
Something simple like an exclusion list activated by the same mechanism
that switches to snapshot dependencies.

Adobe Research Switzerland