Hi,

The JSON license has been moved to 'Category X' [1] which means that we
can no longer use the org.json library. This has been announced on the
legal@ mailing list, please see [2] for the complete picture.

We have until 30 Apr 2017 to remove all dependencies and inclusions of
the org.json library. We may decide to do this earlier, of course.

I think it's a good time to drive down the TEF [3] of Sling and move to
 using a more mainstream JSON library. I don't have a strong opinion on
the replacement, but I added a couple of ideas at [4].

Anyone with an opinion, do chime in :-)

Thanks,

Robert

[1]: https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved#category-x
[2]: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/bb18f942ce7eb83c11438303c818b
885810fb76385979490366720d5@%3Clegal-discuss.apache.org%3E
[3]: Technical Exoticity Factory - I made it up on the spot
[4]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/New+JSON+library