Hi Bertrand,

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 at 11:00, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 10:47 AM David Bosschaert
> <david.bosscha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > ...I started working on a prototype for the API Region support for the
> Sling
> > Feature model as outlined in [1]....
>
> Interesting stuff!
>
> Is "global" a magic name for the region that everybody can see? IOW,
> does exporting packages to the "global" region have the same effect
> than omitting region information?

Yes, 'global' is the magic name for the region available to everyone. This
includes bundles that are in different regions or bundles that are in no
region at all.

The requirements at [1] state: Without any further information, API is
globally visible by default.
So omitting the region information has the same effect as exporting all the
exported packages from all the bundles in that feature to everyone. If you
only want to export a portion of your packages to everyone you can achieve
this by putting just those packages in the 'global' region.

Best regards,

David