Am 15.08.2019 um 11:21 schrieb Robert Munteanu:
On Thu, 2019-08-15 at 11:12 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Hi Roy,

I guess my mail is a little bit misleading :)

It's totally fine to use SLF4J directly and we should keep doing
this.
Under the covers, everything you log to slf4j is routed through the
LogService so other components in the system can listen to log
entries etc.

So this is about keeping everything as is for clients doing logging
but
just replace the LogService implementation with the Apache Felix one
-
and make sure that we still have todays features in place.

+1 from me. I also asked about this a year ago :-)

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/581b9ac69bfa6a8692e6bffc98fe5fdd6f5b4c35989d6b53841f7f10@%3Cdev.sling.apache.org%3E

That's actually a different ask :)

We have o.a.s.commons.logservice which is an OSGi R6 LogService implementation *and* a log listener logging everything to slf4j. My suggestion is to replace the LogService impl with Apache Felix Log and keep the listener.

Our logback integration is o.a.s.commons.log which I think is similar to the logback stuff in Apache Felix.

Now maybe we can replace all of our stuff with the things from Felix?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland