On 26 Nov 2017, at 20:00 (-0500), John Hardin wrote:

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017, Axb wrote:

On 11/26/2017 06:04 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
The current 60_whitelist_spf.cf is 11 years old.  What does everyone think about starting a 60_whitelist_auth.cf and extending this list to known
 good senders like *@alertsp.chase.com and *@email.dropboxmail.com?

My SA platform has very good results with thousands of whitelist_auth entries but 98% of the SA users are not going to know to create/manage these entries themselves.  Combined with other rules this also helps with spoofing legit senders like the IRS, Bank of America, etc.  I am not suggesting we put thousands of entries in the new 60_whitelist_auth.cf but
 the common, high-profile, large senders that often get spoofed.

The current list of def_whitelist_from_spf entries is very beneficial and should be extended now that SPF and DKIM are widely deployed and are being
 taken seriously by the major mail hosting providers like Google.

+1

Pls remember the "ifplugin" :)

+1 as well.

Conditional +1 from me...

Any whitelisting in the default ruleset should carry MUCH lower weight than local explicit whitelisting. See scoring for USER_IN_* rules as a template. Frankly, half of the 6 entities in today's commit have spammed me personally AND hit pure spamtraps multiple times over the space of years. While I will stipulate that they mostly send legit mail to people who want it, I also know with absolute certainty that they also send mail to people who they have no business mailing and repeatedly to addresses that no legitimate sender would try sending to more than once. NO sender should get a default -100 just because we (SA maintainers) think they generally mean well.

--
Bill Cole
Currently Seeking Steady Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole