The ongoing critical issues I'm aware of are:
SPARK-31257 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-31257>: Fix
ambiguous two different CREATE TABLE syntaxes
SPARK-31404 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-31404>: backward
compatibility issues after switching to Proleptic Gregorian calendar
SPARK-31399 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-31399>: closure
cleaner is broken in Spark 3.0
SPARK-28067 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-28067>: Incorrect
results in decimal aggregation with whole-stage codegen enabled

That said, I'm -1 (binding) to RC1

Please reply to this thread if you know more critical issues that should be
fixed before 3.0.

Thanks,
Wenchen