I don't see any new features/functions for these blockers.

For SPARK-31257 (which is filed and marked as a blocker from me), I agree
unifying create table syntax shouldn't be a blocker for Spark 3.0.0, as
that is a new feature, but even we put the proposal aside, the problem
remains the same and I think it's still a blocker.

We have a discussion thread for SPARK-31257 - let's revive the thread if we
wouldn't be able to adopt proposed solution in Spark 3.0.0.
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rf1acfaaa3de2d3129575199c28e7d529d38f2783e7d3c5be2ac8923d%40%3Cdev.spark.apache.org%3E