Just to be clear, if there is no strong volunteer to make the new community
channel stay active, I'd probably be OK to not fork the channel. You can
see a strong counter example from #spark channel in ASF. It is the place
where there are only questions and promos but zero answers. I see
volunteers here demanding for another channel, so I want to see us go with
the most preferred way for these volunteers.

User mailing list does not go in a good shape. I hope we give another try
with recent technology to see whether we can gain traction - if we fail,
the user mailing list will still be there.