On Fri, Jun 16, 2023 at 3:58 PM Dongjoon Hyun <dongjoon.h...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I started the thread about already publicly visible version issues
> according to the ASF PMC communication guideline. It's no confidential,
> personal, or security-related stuff. Are you insisting this is confidential?

Discussion about a particular company should be on private@ - this is IMHO
like "personnel matters", in the doc you link. The principle is that
discussing whether an entity is doing something right or wrong is better in
private, because, hey, if the conclusion is "nothing's wrong here" then you
avoid disseminating any implication to the contrary.

I agreed with you, there's some value in discussing the general issue on
dev@. (I even said who the company was, though, it was I think clear before)

But, your thread title here is: "Apache Spark PMC asks Databricks to
differentiate its Spark version string"
(You separately claim this vote is about whether the PMC has a role here,
but, that's plainly not how this thread begins.)

Given that this has stopped being about ASF policy, and seems to be about
taking some action related to a company, I find it inappropriate again for
dev@, for exactly the reason I gave above. We have a PMC member repeating
this claim over and over, without support. This is why we don't do this in
public.

> May I ask which relevant context you are insisting not to receive
> specifically? I gave the specific examples (UI/logs/screenshot), and got
> the specific legal advice from `legal-discuss@` and replied why the
> version should be different.

It is the thread I linked in my reply:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/k7gr65wt0fwtldc7hp7bd0vkg1k93rrb
This has already been discussed at length, and you're aware of it, but,
didn't mention it. I think that's critical; your text contains no problem
statement at all by itself.

Since we're here, fine: I vote -1, simply because this states no reason for
the action at all.
If we assume the thread ^^^ above is the extent of the logic, then, -1 for
the following reasons:
- Relevant ASF policy seems to say this is fine, as argued at
https://lists.apache.org/thread/p15tc772j9qwyvn852sh8ksmzrol9cof
- There is no argument any of this has caused a problem for the community
anyway; there is just nothing to 'fix'

I would again ask we not simply repeat the same thread again.