With the spirit of open source, -1. At least there have been other cases
mentioned in the discussion thread, and solely doing it for one specific
vendor would not solve the problem, and I wouldn't also expect to cast a
vote for each case publicly.
I would prefer to start this in the narrower scope, for example, contacting
the vendor first and/or starting from a private mailing list instead of
publicly raising this in the dev mailing list.