On 08/31/12 08:58, "C. Bergström" wrote:
On 08/31/12 07:40 PM, Liviu Nicoara wrote:
Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have seen two forks on github, one belonging to C. Bergstrom/Pathscale and
the other to Stefan Teleman.

The first one contains a number of genuine code changes outside the Apache
repository, but without canonical and meaningful commit comments, and without
accompanying test cases.
We can help clean this up if it makes a real difference

That is appreciated. It would make a huge difference to anybody coming anew to
the project or just catching up, like me.

Some carry what seem to be bug id's from a private bug database. Some of the
changes, e.g., 84d01405124b8c08bb43fdc3755ada2592449727
iirc we renamed the files because of some problem with cmake - it was trying to
compile those files instead of treating them like headers.
, fa9a45fb36e45b71ba6b4ae93b50bd6679549420, seem odd.
I forget why we did this tbh - I'll try to get an answer in case it comes up
again as a question

My point exactly, a good comment explains the why's.

Are you guys dropping support for any platforms?
Not intentionally - We are using/testing this on Solaris, FBSD and Linux - We
may add OSX/Win to that list soon, but I can't promise at this point. For
targets we only are able to test x86 and x86_64

The reason I am asking is that changes to the template implementation files have most
likely broken the support for compilers that do "implicit inclusion" of
template implementations (a.k.a. link-time instantiation of templates). I am not
incriminating anyone mind you, I am just trying to point out there mightbe a gap in your
testing of your changes.

NetBSD also has a "fork" I believe, but not sure if it's public/status

Do you know where that is?

Stefan's seem like a complete git-ification of the whole Apache repository but
with no changes I could detect.
He has quite a number of patches and forget where those are kept. I'm guessing
a lot of his fixes target KDE/Qt apps and the Perennial C++VS testsuite.
http://www.peren.com/pages/cppvs_set.htm

I briefly looked over some patches, there's quite a few of them. I plan to go
in more detail over the week-end.

Cheers.