On 08/31/12 12:20, Stefan Teleman wrote:
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms> wrote:

Stefan's seem like a complete git-ification of the whole Apache repository
but with no changes I could detect.

Not quite. :-)
[...]
The official Oracle port for Solaris 10 and 11, which I maintain, is here:

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/userland/gate/components/stdcxx/

Hi Stefan, I have went through the patches. Specifically, I have spent more
time looking in the mutex alignment changes and the C++ C library headers
patches, and I only read the others. In order:

The test extensions seem to be genuine by and large, but I would further
analyze them after I find out what is it they are addressing (test cases?).

The regression tests whose names contain references to internal bug numbers
require a bit more analysis as to their usefulness. Of course an explanation
attached to each would alleviate duplicating your work. I have not
cross-checked them to JIRA.

Some of the compiler characterizations changes, as well as the associated
GNUmakefile's, seem to be specific to your port, e.g., GNUmakefile,
GNUmakefile.cfg changes. I may have spotted other issues but I would wait for
your feed-back first.

The C++ C library headers seem to have been re-written to your port. I am
unsure why you needed this, but it surely breaks the original intent for these
headers' structure. I have also noticed that you stripped the Apache notice and
added an Oracle copyright notice on them.

This pretty much sums up my first impression.

If you were willing to submit them one by one (*), complete with test cases and
complete patches (ChangeLog entries and all) I would put in the necessary
review time and provide feed-back asap. Please let me know if I missed anything.

I sincerely hope this helps.

Thanks!

Liviu

(*) As in issue by issue, not file by file.