GitHub user jfenc91 opened a pull request:

    storm-kafka-client tests: tuples not being properly replayed

    I have been working with kafka 10 and storm 1.0.2 using the
storm-kafka-client in master and am having issues with topologies that fail
tuples. The kafka offsets seemed to get stuck and the kafka spout eventually
halted even though the last committed offset was no where near the end of the
queue.

    Here are a few unit tests that I believe replicate my situation. The last 2
are currently failing which is reflective of what I am seeing in my topologies.
Let me know if I missed anything! This seems like a pretty big oversight, so I
am getting the feeling that something in the test is wrong. Thanks!

    I added tests for the following cases:
      - All tuples being acked.
      - A tuple being failed in order it was emitted
      - A tuple being failed out of the order it was emitted

    $ git pull https://github.com/jfenc91/storm stormKafkaClientTests

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/1679.patch

    This closes #1679

----
commit 94da00023dceb3a9281c536f92c052e4e969835b