Github user HeartSaVioR commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2241

    I second @roshannaik. We're exposing possibilities as much as possible so
that users can compose users' topologies flexible, but as a trade-off we are
giving up chances for improving performance.

    Yes it is clearly breaking change so I would like to hear voices on users
side, but if we can provide workaround (like thread-safety output collector
wrapper, regardless of its performance) I think we can decide and go on.

---
with INFRA.
---