Github user roshannaik commented on the issue:

    @revans2
    - I suspect we are talking about diff things wrt Thread safety in emit path
and consequently I am missing what you are trying to communicate. There is no
intention to require any synchronization for  emits from independent bolt
instances of same/diff types. May have to sync up with you on the problem
separately.

    - Yes I see the process latency metric stuck at -1ms issue. Let me look
into this.

    -  To avoid chasing a moving target be on the same page for the test
runs... are you ok with using master version# aaebc3b  ?  If you have a
different version of master in mind...  i am happy to use that instead.

    - Also I plan to fix on these settings in storm.yaml for both master &
2306. Other settings may vary depending on topology.
    ```
    worker.heap.memory.mb : 4096
    topology.disable.loadaware.messaging: true
    ```