Alexandre,

There's so much pain on using relocated artifact in other module in a
project. You need to refer the class as relocated name, and your IDE (at
least IntelliJ) complains and the compilation in IDE will not succeed. (The
build via Maven will succeed though.)
There was same issue on 2.0.0 as well, and for now we don't shade anything
in 2.0.0. We need to discuss which things to shade before discussing about
releasing, indeed.

And normally we have been allowing adding dependency as minor release. I
understand someone could say that it is breaking dependency, and should
lead another relocation as well. But my 2 cents the requirement is too
restrictive, and may end up with Guava-like versioning. (releasing major
versions sooner...)
I think relocating is not an ideal solution, and eventually we may have
nice solution (like classloader isolation) and then we could sort out all
the related issues. Before that, I could not block adding dependencies in
minor release if it is necessary.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

2017년 11월 19일 (일) 오후 8:02, Stig Rohde Døssing <stigdoess...@gmail.com>님이 작성: