Github user ptgoetz commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2556

    > Did you test the patch manually with HBase 2.0 beta 1?

    Not extensively. The point on this JIRA/PR is to raise awareness that we
should look at targeting new ecosystem versions. This holds true for HDFS,
Hive, etc.

    > I guess there's little chance for HBase community to introduce API change
after beta, but the possibility is still open. Moreover that's not ideal to
depend on beta version. Do you intend to open this for the official release of
HBase 2.0 and update the version/API change once it happens?
    Does HBase 2 client be compatible with HBase 1.x? At a glance of HBase 2
project doc

    I don't have much influence over the Apache HBase community, so this PR is
dependent on what they do. It's an effort to align with where they are going.

    > Does HBase 2 client be compatible with HBase 1.x? At a glance of HBase 2
project doc
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WCsVlnHjJeKUcl7wHwqb4z9iEu_ktczrlKHK8N4SZzs/edit#)
 they claim admin interface is incompatible and HBase 1 client cannot
administrate HBase 2. I'm wondering about opposite case (HBase 2 client to
administrate HBase 1 server), and same case for other things. In short, I'd
like to determine needs to have separate hbase module for HBase 1.x and HBase
2.x.

    Not that I'm aware of. I don't think this change would be
backward-compatible, hence my comment about versioning.

---