Ate,

Thanks for the +1. Responses in-line below.

Steve

On March 5, 2017 at 5:13:00 PM, Ate Douma (a...@douma.nu(mailto:a...@douma.nu))
wrote:

> +1 (binding) on the 0.5 RC1 release.
>
> I've verified the sources and deployed nexus artifacts on license, notice and
>
> disclaimer files and license headers.
> I didn't verify the build myself, but as enough others already did, I'm
> trusting it works fine.
>
> It would be good if the current site would be updated/fixed with regards to
> the
> new combined streams-master and streams-project, as well as the build
> instructions for it, as this is now in a confusing state.

True. We have STREAMS-486 open for this purpose, tagged for 0.5-incubating
sprint. Not a problem to take care of this when we update the webpage with the
links to download 0.5-incubating.

> And I still think it would be better if the example modules which do *not*
> have an artifactId not prefixed with "streams-" are updated to use such
> prefix.
>
> Now there are for example the flink-twitter-collection-0.5-incubating,
> google-gplus-0.5-incubating, etc. modules (6 modules in total) which produce
> artifacts that IMO are confusing for downstream users what originating
> project
> they 'belong' to.
> And as result their embedded NOTICE and DISCLAIMER files contain a confusing
> (generated) statement like:
>
> google-gplus
> Copyright 2017 The Apache Software Foundation
>
> By correcting the artifactIds to for example streams-provider-google-gplus
> this
> would yield the more clear/correct:
>
> streams-provider-google-gplus
> Copyright 2017 The Apache Software Foundation
>
> I really think this can and should be fixed before the 0.6 release and/or
> streams graduation.

That’s a good point. In 0.5-incubating we closed STREAMS-463 which addressed a
similar concern with package naming, but I agree we should do so for artifact
naming as well.

Opened STREAMS-497, tagged as fixVersion 0.6 and placed in sprint 0.6.0 along
with a few other known issues which might reasonably be a blocker to graduation.