> > Are we, volunteers, allowed to help/contribute with such structural
> > changes? I hope yes. If so, I have passion in `support for
> > actors/asynchronous request handling`. Could you please register an
> > issue with a few directive details? then we can pick and start work on
> > that :) same ones for `less static util classes and coupled code` step
> > by step. (`make JSON plugin more configurable` is simple to pick,
while
> > already has issues; `improve the framework's security` is also clear
> > enough to being considered by us).
>
> I do not have any directives how to implement actor/async support in
> Struts2 - I thought about using http://jumi.fi/actors.html as it uses
> Apache License and it's small & fast library. I wouldn't go with Akka
> as this is a huge system by itself.

Jumi Actors sounds like a good way to get started with async.

Later I could imagine to have integration with akka as struts already has
integration with big frameworks (spring). Also struts provides integration
with different frameworks for same task (e.g. tiles and sitemesh, ...).

One step after another :)

Regards,
Christoph