śr., 8 lip 2020 o 04:31 James Chaplin <jchap...@apache.org> napisał(a):

> Hello Łukasz (and Struts Dev Team).
>
>      Sorry for the long response (I was trying to be thorough).  :)
>
>      I checked out tag STRUTS_2_5_23 and built it locally with JDK7, as you
> suggested.  It produced the same January 5 2020 modification timestamps
> inside all the zip files produced by the assembly.
>
>      Next I examined some other recent 2.5.x project builds assembly zip
> files from June 2020, and they also have the January 5 2020 modification
> timestamped contents.
>
>      Checking a recent JDK8-built 2.6.0 project build from June 2020 showed
> it also had the weird January 2020 modification timestamps for its contents.
> It looks like both 2.5.x and 2.6.x builds are affected the same way.  :(
>
>      After that, checking a recent 2.3.38-SNAPSHOT build (July 2020) showed
> that its zip file contents were normal (modification content timestamps in
> July 2020).
>
>      With some digging and comparing maven-assembly-plugin versions for the
> 2.3.38 vs. 2.5.23 builds it looks like the Maven Assembly Plugin is somehow
> involved in the issue.
>
>      Overriding the maven-assembly-plugin versions in the Struts 2 Assembly
> the results were:
>      - The assembly build produces good zip-content modification timestamps
> for plugin: 2.6.0, 3.0.0 and 3.1.1.
>      - The assembly build produces bad zip-content modification timestamps
> for plugin: 3.2.0, 3.3.0.
>        For 2.5.23 the Maven build uses maven-assembly-plugin 3.2.0 (did not
> check 2.6).
>
>      So the zip incorrect content modification timestamp issues could be a
> Maven Assembly Plugin bug affecting more recent versions (v3.2.0+) ?
>
>      I did a really quick search for a relevant JIRA on this but did not find
> one.  If anyone knows of a JIRA or has seen a similar symptom, please advise.
>
>      What to you think ?  Should the Struts 2 Assembly POM override the
> maven-assembly-plugin version in the build(s) to 3.1.1 for now ?

Thanks a lot for digging into it! Looks like the core problem is this
[1] - we are using Apache Master POM ver. 22 which introduced Maven
Assembly Plugin ver. 3.2.0 and new option outputTimestamp [2] and as
we do not override the outputTimestamp in our pom, the value is taken
from the master pom which is [1]

I will post a question to the Maven Users Group about that. Thanks again!

[1] https://github.com/apache/maven-apache-parent/blob/apache-22/pom.xml#L95
[2]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/single-mojo.html#outputTimestamp

Regards