Daniel Sahlberg wrote on Wed, 20 Jan 2021 11:04 +00:00:
> The search function in the yellow box on
> http://subversion.apache.org/mailing-lists.html is a Google sitesearch
> on svn.haxx.se. Since this is from now on a static archive the search
> will no longer show recent results.
>
> I suggest to change it to search in https://lists.apache.org, it seems
> possible to do a search using the following syntax:
> https://lists.apache.org/list.html?*@subversion.apache.org:foo, however
> I believe it would require some javascript to add the search term in
> the end of URL.

How about linking to mail-archives.apache.org, or to a sane third-
party archive?  I know lists.a.o is "official" but unless it has
changed its spots since I last looked, I'd have zero problems with
linking to other archives.  The javascript-wall is just one issue.

You can prototype/test this on /site/staging.  (Remember you may need to
sync-merge from /site/publish first.  BTW, that branch needs a BRANCH-README
file and a mention of https://subversion-staging.a.o/ therein…)

> I suggest that we keep the links to svn.haxx.se in the table below but
> add a comment "(no longer updated)" on each link.

+1, please make it so :-)

Cheers,

Daniel