On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 11:16 AM Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name>
wrote:

> How about linking to mail-archives.apache.org, or to a sane third-
> party archive?  I know lists.a.o is "official" but unless it has
> changed its spots since I last looked, I'd have zero problems with
> linking to other archives.  The javascript-wall is just one issue.

The biggest thing that drives me up the wall with lists.a.o is the
mile-long URLs. The only reason I use them is because I've heard
whisperings that this is ASF's preferred long-term archive and the other
one might disappear someday. But I would it be the other way around.

You can prototype/test this on /site/staging.  (Remember you may need to
> sync-merge from /site/publish first.  BTW, that branch needs a
> BRANCH-README
> file and a mention of https://subversion-staging.a.o/ therein…)

Why does staging need a BRANCH-README? Isn't it better to document its
purpose and URL in HACKING (if it isn't already)?

Nathan