I don't see the point in changing the namespace unless there is an
incompatibility at the core. We wrote the model to be very flexible.

Having a migration XSLT is great, but it seems to me a "fix" for
something that is tricky. Also, we spent a lot of effort on backwards
compatibility: for example, I would have loved to have added new
methods to the messagecontext, but put them into helper classes to
avoid breaking existing mediators.

At some point I think we will need to change the config radically, and
that is the time to make a breaking change.

I propose we make the code read the old config as well as the new (as
much as possible) and print a deprecation statement. We should be able
to always write the new config, so that users serializing their config
will move to the new one.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle