Yep that works thanks! How is camelRoutesContext being picked up?

This is the reason - no Java code modification is needed:

https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/2_0_X/fit/core-reference/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml#L28-L33

Regards.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
wrote:

Il 20 settembre 2016 17:36:08 CEST, Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
ha scritto:
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 4:02 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò<ilgro...@apache.org>
wrote:

You could do:

                 ApplicationContext appContext = new
ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(
                         new String[]{"camel-beans.xml"},
ApplicationContextProvider.getApplicationContext());
                 camelContext = new SpringCamelContext(appContext);

e.g. setting the standard Syncope context as parent context.

Yes this works fine to a point. The Camel component that I am calling
seems
to be picking up the bean definition from the configuration file +
working
correctly. However, I am getting a NPE subsequently in the Camel
Producers
in Syncope, caused by the fact that the Syncope PropagationManager in
PropagateComponent (which is @Autowired) is null. Does this ring any
bells?
Hum, not really: you can alternatively leave the Java code as is, name
your file camelRoutesContext.xml and place it in the classpath. It should
work.

Regards.

It is not clear to me, however, how we could set up things to allow such (very
useful, indeed) possibility.

An empty "camel-beans.xml" file (maybe camelEnv.xml would better follow the
naming in use) can be added under

fit/core-reference/src/main/resources/all/

and the code above could load it only when found.
In this way the standalone distribution will simply provide the file that
anyone could start customizing, while for the Maven project the reference guide
[1] should be updated.

WDYT?

Regards.

[1] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#enable-
the-a-href-apache-camel-provisioning-manager-apache-
camel-provisioning-manager-a

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence