Yes, I am available. I will provide you an export of our existing LDAP
repository and pointers to our schemas. In answer to your questions below
regarding id.a.o:

1) Yes, the current id.a.o app exclusively manages data in LDAP as a
self-service tool.

2a) OpenLDAP
2b) A variety including some custom schemas which I will make available you
along with the ldif.
2c) There are MANY processes and tools which read and write from LDAP.

The initial scope of the PoC should be to provision Syncope as an admin and
end-user UI for maintaining attributes related to LDAP accounts (committers,
staff) as a potential replacement for the id.apache.org <http://id.apache.org/>
service. Once we’ve explored the key functionality of a test/demo
implementation, we can look at what it would take to replace the service in
production, along with integrating other tools related to account creation.

-Chris