Github user ben-craig commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1103

    Removing setDetached and the old thread factory ctors breaks client code
loudly.  It doesn't fix the underlying problem, and it exchanges one problem
(don't forget to set the detached mode!) for another (what does the 'false' in
that parameter list mean?).

    I'm great with adding ctors that would make the code less buggy.  I'm also
okay with the minor breakage of making isDetached and setDetached non-virtual.
But removing setDetached just breaks too much code without a strong benefit.

    If your change ripples out to completely unrelated tests, you need a strong
motivation for it.  Please separate out the refactors from the fixes.

---
with INFRA.
---