Github user jeking3 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1103

    I decided to leave setDetached and not deprecate it.  I don't see a reason
for someone to change from detachable to joinable (or the reverse) while
running but I believe all of the servers will properly support it because all
three join implementations check if the thread is detached_.  Therefore I am
doing a force push on this one and rebased it on master as of earlier today.
Please check it and let me know if there are any more concerns; since we're
getting into the beginning of 0.11.0 development I want to get it in as early
as possible to get as much soak time as possible, given the area of work.

---
with INFRA.
---