I just logged into my pypi account (I was there to register an account, and
it turns out I already have one, which I have no memory of, and I do not
have any projects published there), it seems that they actually have an
automated way to create the github actions for you automatically:
https://docs.pypi.org/trusted-publishers/

But I would assume that might require that I have admin access to the
github repo (not sure yet, as I don't have any other project to test), so
if you are fine with that (e.g. add me to the PyPi maintainer list, I try
to use that approach, if it doesn't work, give me admin access to the
github repo), I'm fine :)

Also, there's a recent pytorch supply chain attach report
<https://johnstawinski.com/2024/01/11/playing-with-fire-how-we-executed-a-critical-supply-chain-attack-on-pytorch/>
which will be relevant to us if we choose to use github actions to auto
publish to pypi, then we probably should follow their suggested mitigation
<https://johnstawinski.com/2024/01/11/playing-with-fire-how-we-executed-a-critical-supply-chain-attack-on-pytorch/#mitigations>,
which is to change to "Require approval for all outside collaborators":
[image: image.png]
(changing this setting on github also requires admin access, the screenshot
is taken from a repo I have admin access on)