Github user al3xandru commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/448

    A bit late to the conversation as I've noticed this hasn't been merged yet.

    > I don't think there's a use case in the context of the python GLV, but we
have that use case in GraphSON in legacy support for TinkerPop 2.x based
GraphSON (the migration scenario mentioned). I don't know that we'd extend that
to Python.

    Considering that the GraphSONIO provides both a simpler API and easier
integration as noted by @davebshow, plus it doesn't need to account for the
legacy support, there are only benefits with this approach.

    > I guess the point here is to try to maintain API consistency across all
the languages, even if we don't quite have all the support for all the features
from Java applicable to Python just yet.

    That's indeed a very good point. Assuming the main users of this API are
the GLV implementors, then I'm wondering if making it idiomatic for the target
platform shouldn't be the top goal.

---
with INFRA.
---