Github user okram commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/448

    Hi @al3xandru .... This work has already been merged and will be released
in TinkerPop 3.2.3. To answer your concerns though:

    1. In order to make life easier for TinkerPop, its important that we keep
the same conventions throughout all the Gremlin language variants. If there is
`GraphSONReader/Writer` in Java, `GraphSONIO` in Python, and `GraphSONifier` in
JavaScript, it will become increasingly difficult for us to know what does
what. Hence, we made a strong stance to say -- "keep the naming the same." With
that, I don't see why a `GraphSONIO` utility class couldn't be created that
simply references the `GraphSONReader/Writer` methods.

    2. We want idiomatic in some spots and not so in others. Backend utility
classes -- non-idomatic (lets do our best to be "the same" across all GLVs).
Front end user classes --- idiomatic. For example, Gremlin-Ruby would be
`g.V().out_e(:knows).weight` ...

---
with INFRA.
---