Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/802

    > detect when changes break the Docker images, e.g., when the naming of the
zip archives or their location changes

    That's fair, though that specific example seems really unlikely to occur to
me at this point and if it did happen the fix is relatively quick (i would
guess) so even if it happened during code freeze week we wouldn't have a big
problem.  We could even add a point to the pre-flight check to make sure we
generate images during code freeze -
http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/current/dev/developer/#_pre_flight_check

    Can you think of any other reasons it would fail to build based on more
"day-to-day" changes?

---