On 20/02/18 07:42, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Le 14/02/2018 à 13:11, Rainer Jung a écrit :
>
>> I guess we would bundle the Java sources in any source distribution we
>> provide. So only people wanting to do a release would need to run that
>> "grab Java files from Tomcat" step. The step would be done by the
>> release script.
>
> Copying the source files at release time will not be enough since they
> are required to build the project even outside any release activity.

But they'd be in the source bundle. Isn't that sufficient to build off-line?

I'm not clear on what Debian needs here. There clearer you can be, the
more likely we are to pick a solution that works for Debian as well as
Tomcat.

> Also, someone checking out a previous tag will have to fetch the version
> of tcnative that was used at this time instead of the current HEAD of
> the repository. So this means the right hash/tag expected will have to
> be specified in the build properties.

Yep. This is essentially was is achieved with the external at the moment.