Am 24.09.2018 um 14:27 schrieb Mark Thomas:

On 24/09/2018 05:36, Rainer Jung wrote:
What should we do in the light of BZ 62751 (r1841817)? It is a regression in 1.2.44 when the timeout based on poll() was added.

The bug means, that a short connect (=connection setup) timeout someone might have configured actually results in a long timeout (using seconds instead of milliseconds as expected and documented).

By default no timeout is set, so the bug hits only, when a socket_connect_timeout was explicitly set (and the platform is one that has poll() and is not Windows; that should be true for most non-Windows platforms). The example config that is part of the source distribution and was suggested frequently (and least by me) does set the timeout though:

# - socket_connect_timeout: milliseconds, default=0
#   Since: 1.2.27
worker.template.socket_connect_timeout=5000

This should behave like 5 seconds, but now behaves like about 1.5 hours timeout.

Since it is a 1.2.44 regression, should we drop 1.2.45 and do a 1.2.46 with only that fix on top?

I think that makes sense but I don't have access to the Windows VM I normally use to do this as I am at ApacheCon this week. I might be able to work around that though.

I'll cancel the vote shortly and see about rolling 1.2.46.

Mark

Thank you and have an interesting conference!

Regards,

Rainer