On 06/02/2020 08:58, Martin Grigorov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question
> about https://github.com/apache/tomcat-jakartaee-migration
> <https://github.com/apache/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/blob/master/src/main/scripts/migrate.sh>
>  tool:

I've changed to subject line to reflect this.

> How is it supposed to be used ?
> It's README does not explain this.
>
> I've
> found
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/blob/master/src/main/scripts/migrate.sh
>  and
> from it I've figured:
>
> java -cp target/jakartaee-migration-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT-shaded.jar
> org.apache.tomcat.jakartaee.Migration
> ~/devel/apache-tomcat-10.0.0.0-M1/webapps/we.war we.war
>
> but it fails with NPE:

It is expecting a full path to the destination. And you probably want a
different file for the destination as well.

There is lots of scope to improve both the handling and documentation of
input parameters. It is a Tomcat utility rather than a personal project
now so feel free to dive and and improve things.