On 2010-07-09, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> I've disabled the test module that uses Cactus until we can fix this.

Thanks.

> I'm not very familiar with what Gump is doing and could use some help
> rectifying this.

Sure.

> We specify the version of Cactus to use in the POM and the module does
> build locally. What's going on inside Gump that would cause it to use
> a different version? Is it trying to build with an unstable version of
> Cactus rather the version we specify?

Yes, that's exactly the purpose of Gump.  It ignores any version you
specify (well, it tries to) and replaces your dependencies with their
trunk versions.

In the Cactus case we are in a mixed state since Gump successfully
builds lots of Cactus' dependencies and replaces those - like JDOM which
seems to be close to the problem - but not Cactus itself since its build
is currently broken.

> The normal "package" goal would build the jar and not run the
> integration tests.

I see.  I'll switch Gump to use the package goal and add a new
definition running the install goal so we can track (wihout nagging for
now) if/how the Cactus problem can be resolved.

Thanks

        Stefan