Hi Chris

Le 12 avr. 2016 02:33, "Chris Owens" <ctag+open...@chris-owens.com> a
écrit :

> Speaking as a reasonably-well-informed user of TomEE, who has been into
the
> code, but who is still very much an outsider, I would say that
documentation
> is probably the biggest obstacle to wider uptake. It's a project I would
be
> happy to work on. I'm willing to put the work in to do some serious
writing.

> Before we talk about documentation workflow, git vs other models, CMSes,
> etc., I think there are some much more basic questions to address:
>
> -- Who is the intended audience for each major portion of the
documentation?

I d say people not able to go to code and in that category 2 subcategories:
admin and dev.

> -- For TomEE Components that are not owned by this project (e.g., Tomcat,
> cxf, JMS, etc.), how shall our documentation interact with that
component's
> "native" documentation? By reference? By duplication? Other?

Reference + enrichment when needed. Really against duplication.

> -- What are the major reference topics that need to be covered? (For
> example, Contexts, Classloaders, Configuration, Testing, Embedded, etc)?

Idea was to start with some basics and add info depending the list
questions.

> -- What are the major tutorial or "how-to" threads that need to be
covered?

Same there. Should also probably consider rework very hard examples to make
them useful and more explicit (arquillian website is a great example there).