> On May 5, 2016, at 7:26 AM, ross.cohen <ross.cohen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Examples are not spec compliant too or abuse of vendor behavior. Also a
>> serious amount of users just need what is in tomee now. I tend to prefer
>> move forward with active people than waiting passive ones move - we lost 2
>> years with such a behavior.
>>
>> What you mentionned is also true for 100% certified servers so with
>> experience I think ignoring it is fine while we fix fast.
>
> If it is truly the case that Tomee is 95%+ compliant, then releasing 7.0
> seems reasonable.  As you point out, no implementation is 100% compliant.

To my observation we have stones unturned.  Vendor-specific or not the Java EE
7 examples project are 1) what people are using to learn and 2) run (mostly)
fine against compliant Glassfish and Wildfly.

You can see the green and red thumbs up on this page for the full list:

  - http://javaee.support/ <http://javaee.support/>

We currently fail 10 out of 28 tests for JAX-RS.  Failed tests include JAX-RS
2.0 Client, JSON-P support, JAX-RS Security Declarative, Bean Validation
integration, and Async Server support.

Ideally, we’d take some time and pic through them one-by-one and figure out
exactly why they don’t pass and make sure everyone is aware and ok with those
reasons.

The only technical reason I’ve heard is due to JPA.  Seems we could run those
tests against Plume and see how we do.

-David