> My only comment from past experiences is that when you start with if you
> need X, pick Y, if you need A, pick B, etc ... is that it never really
> works.
>
> Here is my observations:
> - Only few people can make this call, and even less can make it right.
> - Projects sometimes increase scoping implying that people are tempted to
> get the bigger swiss knife to be safe
> - Usually companies prefer one size fits all because it's easier to share
> knowledge, tools, devops and overall experience
>
> When transposing to OSS, it's easier for a company to support one project
> that 3 or 4.
>
> The fact they use reuse some parts is a technical detail most people won't
> get or won't care about in my opinion.

Was there ~5 years ago but applications types changed a lot last 3-4 years
(at least I didn't notice it before) and having a minimal HTTP server and
an all in one is
actually pretty relevant today.

I got this kind of feedback offline too saying that meecrowave is really
great for custom apps or not standard usages/backends (this is what I do
now and I share that)
but that TomEE is great for "highway" apps since all is already setup.

There really are space for both and what is great is that contributing to
one is 80% of the time contributing to both since the glue code if
meecrowave is pretty much nothing
so you contribute to the stack which is the same for both, win-win for
everyone :).

Clearly just my experience but think even Java can't say there is one fits
all anymore today.