Thanks for the more info, and I have plenty to do so no hurry, if you do have
some time some quick questions…

is https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/site/trunk/content the “same as” the
website content, so modulo .md and mdtext > html conversion I can look at it
and act like that’s the website to mimic? (also module files that have no
source)

Is all the source from tomee-site, tomee-site-generator (including
java-generated content), and tomee?  So anything not present in some format
from one of these that’s in the above svn repo can be left out?

I’d think there must be some configuration for the Builder tomee-site-staging
but I can’t find it.

IMO the site in any form is in such a mess that it’s hard to know where to work
first.  There are tons of broken formatting, both in the existing site and the
.adoc translations, and loads of broken links that have no plausible target.
For instance one of the pages you note  has

\{include:OPENEJBx30:Singleton Beans}

I didn’t touch that one :-) It’s a bit confusing because there’s no OPENEJBx30
anywhere in sight, but I expect it’s supposed to refer to the same
component/version.  When I get to it it will turn into a redirect.

I’m mostly concentrating on finding all the sources, getting them into some
sort of semi-coherent structure, and fixing formatting and links that
asciidoctor complains about.  I thought I was nearly done, but now there are a
lot more files :-)

After the automatically recognized problems are fixed, examining the pages for
other problems can start.

Thanks for the hints!

David Jencks