Hi Willes,

> On Jul 25, 2020, at 1:48 PM, Willes Reis <willesr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi David Jencks, but anyone can interact ;)
>
> Follow some updates...
>
> I don’t know :-)  We could experiment with the header color. it might work
>> to have the same gradient as in the footer in the header.  It would be good
>> to get feedback from others on this point.
>>>

> I did an experiment with the header successfully. The updates are committed
> locally and I'd like to push it to remote, but it doesn't allow push to
> your repository tomee-antora-ui.
> Thinking about... what do you think about working out a strategy to push
> and branches allowed to accept it?

I think the simplest thing to do for now would be for you to have a GitHub fork
of my project and push your branch to it, and open a PR.  There might be better
solutions but I don’t know how to make them work :-)

>>> About tomee-antora, I am studying the "todo" item "Make it easy to work
>>> locally" to work in it.
>>
>> As a possible hint, the commented-out urls such as
>>
>> #  - url: ./../../tomee-site-generator
>> are what I use for a local playbook.  I didn’t know it at the time I did
>> this, but it’s possible to use git work trees to check out all three (or 4
>> now?) main tomee branches at once from one clone.
>>
>> I have all the tomee projects checked out next to one another.  This
>> playbook was transplanted from another project so I think all the paths
>> need to be shortened by one parent directory, e.g.
>> ./../tomee-site-generator.
>>
> About this, I read about the "Author Mode" in Antora and was wondering
> whether this would be tangible for our purpose.
> I am updating the tomee-antora playbook for some tests and will inform you
> if it is ok.
> Right now, I copied the antora-playbook.yml to local-antora-playbook.yml
> changing the content > sources > url to local resources, considering that
> all cloned git repositories are in the same level as this project. Even
> more, I am making an appropriate npm script as "dev-clean-build" to
> automate build as you made.

I think this is a good idea.  I think I may have written something misleading
or wrong above about git worktrees; Antora doesn’t recognize them other than
the main checkout.  Therefore I think the playbook will need to have a path to
the local checkout of tomEE but list the 3 or 4 branches; the one you happen to
be working on currently will have to be renamed “HEAD”.  Alternatively we could
expect 3 or 4 complete checkouts of TomEE, but I think that will be too hard to
work with.

I hope I’ve written this in a way you can understand :-)

David Jencks