If my opinion counts for anything, I'd love for TomEE to be based on
Apache Foundation projects as much as possible. With JPA itself is
just a large spec to cover, I can understand OpenJPA not having a
current spec implementation and am still thankful for the past efforts
of the committers on that project. My second choice would be
EclipseLink over Hibernate, mainly because of speed, but also because
many of the app servers in the space are already Weld + Hibernate +
other various Redhat derivative projects. TomEE by far is enormously
faster on startup and execution speed than OpenLiberty or WildFly
(deploying the exact same WAR) and I'd be sad to lose that.

--
Jonathan | exabr...@gmail.com
Pessimists, see a jar as half empty. Optimists, in contrast, see it as