@1: Maybe start a separate thread for [DISCUSSION] ? From my pov a
stable version of openjpa would be sufficient (even if it isn't
compliant)

@2: Same. Just needs a release, imho (but might depend on old stuff,
don't know)

@3:

Concurrency: You can find a DRAFT PR with the Concurrency TCK here: [1]
There are some new features: [2]
The stub impl / changes are here: [3]

[1] https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/1084
[2] https://jakarta.ee/specifications/concurrency/3.0/