On 7/18/12 9:37 AM, Alan M. Carroll wrote:
I think the best option is to move the burden to the backport proposer. While
backports serve a critical function there's good reason to make it a bit of a
challenge to keep them down to the ones that are really needed. Therefore we
could make the proposer responsible for (1) detecting a +3 vote on the backport
and (2) doing the JIRA bookkeeping for the backport and (3) probably doing the
actual commit and JIRA update.

+1. That's sort of how it used to work, the person suggesting a backport owns it. The release manager(s) will need to help herd the release, and everyone (yes, you!) need to get better at voting on backports.

-- Leif