Thanks, Bernard, for correcting my syntax. I have tried different syntaxes, but now I at least know what the syntax *should* look like :-)

Anyway - OOo crashes when I run this code:

import uno

def main():
    currentContext = XSCRIPTCONTEXT.getComponentContext()
    smgr = currentContext.ServiceManager
spellchecker = smgr.createInstanceWithContext("com.sun.star.linguistic2.SpellChecker", currentContext)
    locale = uno.getClass("com.sun.star.lang.Locale")
    locale.Language = "da"
    locale.Country = "DK"
    spellcheckResult =  spellchecker.isValid("word", locale)

Finn